Thursday, October 15, 2009

in people i trust.

During the past six days, my heart has grown fonder for those around me. It seems I’ve been consistently going, working on a multitude of projects. Whether it be formal recruitment, midterms or work, I’ve barely had enough time to gasp for air. But, it is times like these that I really take pride in the people that surround me. It could have been the lack of sleep or intense schedule, but I’ve never quite felt as inspired by the human species like I have the past 144 hours. From a slightly sideways smile to sobbing till you giggle-- my friends, family and even lurking strangers on the street have collectively ensured my love for all people. Sure, we have imposable thumbs, which totally makes us bomb, but can a plant smile sweetly to another plant and instantly make it happy? Yeah, I didn’t think so. We are all so lucky.

My recent obsession with Into The Wild has only clarified my admiration. Christopher McCandless wrote “Happiness only real when shared” into a book during his lonesome Alaskan Adventure in 1992. After my hectic weekend plateaued and quickly plummeted to boredom, I took the time to understand how and why I didn’t pull every last piece of hair from my head. Obvi, it’s those around me. I think we all believe we’re independent enough to complete whatever is thrown on our plate without any help. However, we aren’t. I’m so proud to have the friends and family I do. I think we all got a bit emotional over the past week with our last formal recruitment and a handful of job/peace corps interviews.

It is in people I trust: to bring me happiness, to bring me serenity and to bring me inspiration. I just want to take the time to individually thank each and every one of you for being apart of my life. You all brighten my day and encourage me to be the greatest I can. Today, take the time to thank the ones you love and even that lurking stranger for lifting your spirits and giving you someone to trust in. Have a brilliant day and enjoy!




tay sugar and i 







Cassia Beck Photography





Rubie Green



ali and i in barcelona 



best friends- where are you caroline?













smile and really take the time to be present in your own life today

btw: check out my great friend, Katie's blog!


6 comments:

LAYNE said...

This post made me soo happy. Thanks so much for the inspiration. you are such a lovely person.

xx,
T

Becca. said...

thankyou for the comment, i'm sure you don't look terrible in crop tops :)
i think you always have to wear a long vest top underneath to make them look amazing.
wow urban outfitters skirt :O
floral too, yes do an outfit post, i'd love to see the skirt :)
thanks, hope you have a good day too!
XOXO, BECCA

Michael said...

I love your outfits and I love how this post is filled with so much lightness and vibrancy and happiness. I agree, trust is a major component in friendship, relationships, family, in a lot of things. And like what you said, your relationship with others do bring you inspiration and it does give you motivation.
Have a good weekend Gally!

Unknown said...

You are beautiful inside and out!!! I luv when life gives you lemons and you find joy in the smallest of things. Pleasure in those around you with something so simple as a smile to brighten your day. This post brought a rainbow through the clouds :)
♥ I GAVE YOU AN AWARD ♥

Allegra said...

looooovely post!!

Mocani said...

thanks for your comment on my blog ; ) !

i like your blog ! so lovely
Monica